- 250 g strong bread flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 40 g caster sugar
- 15 g fresh yeast
- 20 g butter, oftened
- 150 ml warm water
For the filling:
- 30 g butter, softened
- 100 g sultanas (i'm using dried apple slices)
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 egg, beaten
- 100 g caster sugar
- 100 ml water
Method1. Lightly grease a baking sheet. Combine the flour, salt, sugar, yeast, butter and water in a blender and mix thoroughly until the mixture forms a smooth dough.
2. Knead the dough on a floured surface for 5 minutes before returning to the bowl and leaving to rest for an hour.
3. Roll the dough out into a large rectangle about 1.5cm thick, and spread the butter on top, then sprinkle on the sultanas and dust with cinnamon.
4. Take the smaller end and roll the dough into a sausage, then cut 5cm thick discs and lie them face down on the prepared baking sheet. Leave to rise for 45 minutes.
5. Set the oven to 190°C/gas 5. Brush the swirls with the beaten egg and bake for 20 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, place the sugar and water into a small saucepan, bring to the boil and simmer for 2 minutes, until the sugar has dissolved and the syrup has thickened slightly.
7. Remove the swirls from the oven and immediately brush with sugar syrup.
Have a very blessed mabon! i hope your wishes come true!